Students should realize that thinking begins even before a book is opened. In this activity, students will use the title and cover picture to make predictions about a book! (use with any picture book)
This mini-lesson includes:
• A set of reproducible bookmarks, just for fiction reading!
• "Meet the Fiction Bookmark" teacher's lesson page.
• "Meet the Fiction Bookmark" student reproducible.
• "Make Predictions" teacher's lesson page.
• "Make Predictions" student graphic organizer reproducible.
Bookmark Connection: When students make predictions, have them touch the book cover image on their bookmark!