Students notice and describe similarities among texts by the same author. This is an important step in identifying an author’s style.
This mini-lesson includes:
• A set of reproducible bookmarks, just for fiction reading!
• "Meet the Fiction Bookmark" teacher's lesson page.
• "Meet the Fiction Bookmark" student reproducible.
• "Make Predictions" teacher's lesson page.
• "Make Predictions" student graphic organizer reproducible.
Bookmark Connection: When comparing stories for the chart, students can touch the title, character, kick-off, and wrap-up pictures on the fiction bookmark!